As your trusted water and electric utility, UCNSB is committed to provide safe, reliable, and essential services. Now more than ever, it is vital you are confident that we have taken crucial steps to provide continuous service while protecting our customers, employees, and utility systems during this unprecedented national health and economic crisis.
Customer Service and Bill Pay
During this unprecedented time when businesses and schools are closed, when you're working from home, learning from home, just trying to get through this time at home... We know that now more than ever you are relying on us and we are here. Not only are we working every day, 24/7, to keep your lights on and your water flowing, but we recognize the financial pressure many of our customers may be facing and we are here to help.
That's why we've not only suspended disconnects and late payments to July 1, 2020, but we are also providing a bill adjustment for the months of May and June. Please see below for more information.
Temporary Rate Reduction
- Every UCNSB electric customer will see a reduced bill for May and June as we suspend the Fuel Adjustment Fee. The average residential electric customer with 1000kWh usage/month, could see about a 22% reduction.
How to Calculate your Adjustment
Your typical bill shows the Fuel Adjustment just below Metered Charge, as shown in the image below, and is $22.68 per 1000kWh.
Your bills for May and June will not show the Fuel Adjustment fee at all. To calculate what your reduction was for the month, simply multiply the displayed kWh shown next to Metered Charge by 0.02268. As in the example above, total kWh for the month was 953; the fee would be $21.61, but will be $0, reducing the Total Amount Due from $110.07 to $88.46 (~20%). *This is an example only. Total amounts due and the adjustment amount will differ for each customer as it is based on usage (kWh).
If you have any questions about your reduction, please contact Customer Service.
Suspension of Disconnects and Late Fees
- All disconnects for nonpayment and late fees are suspended until June 1.
Keeping You and Our Staff Safe
- The lobby is closed. As of May 4, 2020, we hav ere-opened the drive-thru for customer service questions and bill payment between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Customer Service Representatives are available by phone during business hours at 386.427.1361 Option 2, and can assist with all requests including payment options if you are facing financial hardships.
- Utility bill payments can be made by:
- Payment at drive-thru;
- Online bill pay (https://eaccess.ucnsb.org/);
- Pay by phone (386.427.1361 Option 1);
- Mail payments to P.O. Box 100 | New Smyrna Beach, FL 32170
- Drop box location at 200 Canal Street in the drive-thru area; or
- Via electronic debit automatically deducted from your checking/savings account or credit/debit card monthly.
In Need of Additional Assistance?
If you are in need of additional assistance, the following resources are available:
- Contact UCNSB Customer Service by calling (386) 427-1361 for payment arrangements or a listing of local agencies that may provide assistance;
- Contact Volusia County Human Services for payment assistance by calling (386) 423-3309 (visit www.ucnsb.org/give for more information);
- Contact United Way by dialing 2-1-1 or (386) 253-0564 or visiting 211live.org
Please help us reduce physical contact by respecting the employee-exclusive work zones our crews are establishing and remain at least six feet away to help maintain social distancing.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service rather than approach the workers.
How You Can Help
As UCNSB is doing what we can to help those in need during this time, we encourage you who have not been financially affected by COVID-19 to help those in our community who have. One way you can do this is by donating to the We Care fund. A fund created to help those in need pay their utility bills.
You can give any amount. No matter how big or small, every penny counts. Visit our We Care Program page at www.ucnsb.org/give for more information on how to give or how to apply if you are in need of assistance.