As your trusted water and electric utility, UCNSB is committed to provide safe, reliable, and essential services. Now more than ever, it is vital you are confident that we have taken crucial steps to provide continuous service while protecting our customers, employees, and utility systems during this unprecedented national health and economic crisis.
Customer Service and Bill Pay
During this unprecedented time ... We know that now more than ever you are relying on us and we are here. Not only are we working every day, 24/7, to keep your lights on and your water flowing, but we recognize the financial pressure many of our customers may be facing and we are here to help.
As part of our Customer COVID-19 Relief Plan, we suspended the fuel adjustment fee for May and June. We also suspended cutoffs for non-payment and late fees from mid-March - June.
Starting July 1, we will be returning to normal collections. This means we will be reinstating late fees, cutoffs for non-payment, and the fuel adjustment fee.
However, the fuel adjustment fee will be at a lower rate than previously assessed. The new rate will be $15.75/1000kWh – reduced by approximately 31% from the former rate.
To put the savings into perspective, if you used 1200kWh you would have been charged a Fuel Adjustment Fee of $27.22 under the old rate. Now, if you use 1200kWh your Fuel Adjustment Fee will be $18.90. In this example, the savings with the new Fuel Adjustment rate is $8.32 or 7% of the overall electric bill.
We understand that COVID-19 is still impacting many of our customers. We want to work with you. If you are facing financial hardship, please contact us immediately to set up payment options so you can avoid large balance accumulations. Customer Service Representatives are available by phone at 386-427-1361, Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Keeping You and Our Staff Safe
- The lobby is closed. As of May 4, 2020, we have re-opened the drive-thru for customer service questions and bill payment between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Customer Service Representatives are available by phone during business hours at 386.427.1361 Option 2, and can assist with all requests including payment options if you are facing financial hardships.
- Utility bill payments can be made by:
- Payment at drive-thru;
- Online bill pay (https://eaccess.ucnsb.org/);
- Pay by phone (386.427.1361 Option 1);
- Mail payments to P.O. Box 100 | New Smyrna Beach, FL 32170
- Drop box location at 200 Canal Street in the drive-thru area; or
- Via electronic debit automatically deducted from your checking/savings account or credit/debit card monthly.
In Need of Additional Assistance?
If you are in need of additional assistance, the following resources are available:
- Contact UCNSB Customer Service by calling (386) 427-1361 for payment arrangements or a listing of local agencies that may provide assistance;
- Contact Volusia County Human Services for payment assistance by calling (386) 423-3309 (visit www.ucnsb.org/give for more information);
- Contact United Way by dialing 2-1-1 or (386) 253-0564 or visiting 211live.org
Please help us reduce physical contact by respecting the employee-exclusive work zones our crews are establishing and remain at least six feet away to help maintain social distancing.
- Our business offices are closed to the public, but staff continues to work onsite and remotely, as needed.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service rather than approach the workers.
How You Can Help
As UCNSB is doing what we can to help those in need during this time, we encourage you who have not been financially affected by COVID-19 to help those in our community who have. One way you can do this is by donating to the We Care fund. A fund created to help those in need pay their utility bills.
You can give any amount. No matter how big or small, every penny counts. Visit our We Care Program page at www.ucnsb.org/give for more information on how to give or how to apply if you are in need of assistance.